Greetings Japanese Society!
The recently elected Secretary (Simon Hughes), Treasurer (Isabelle Demaude) and President (me, Daniel Brooks) would like to thank those of you who gave us your support at the AGM. Our new team is looking for people to staff the LUU Japanese Society Committee with us for the upcoming academic year!
We are searching for people to fill the following potential positions:-
1. Vice President (duties would include filling in for me on occasion, and generally helping me out, as well as potentially taking the lead on certain events)
2. Assistant Secretary (the same as above, but acting as Simon’s deputy)
3. Deputy Treasurer (You are starting to get the idea)
The following are less heavy in terms of responsibility but still fulfill specific roles:
4. Representative for Japanese Exchange Students (as in a Japanese National to sit on the committee on behalf of the other ryuugakusei in Leeds and express their views)
5. Representative for Non-Japanese Students (a representative for students who are members of Japanese Society, but don’t study Japanese)
6. Creative Designer- (Someone who’d be willing to handle the design aspect of our p.r)
7. Committee Member (People who do not want any specific responsibility, but would still like to be on the committee and be an extra pair of hands)
If people who are interested in a particular role could (As soon as possible) send their names to me either by facebook email or to email@example.com,… including a short statement explaining why you would be good for the role, and what you think you could bring to the committee. We are looking for people who are prepared to make a long term commitment to the society, so please note that committee members will not be chosen on the basis of their relationship to we three (Simon, Izzy and me), but rather on how they can contribute to the society. The positions are open to friends as well as people we don’t know as well. Looking forward to hearing from you 🙂